Legal Assistant - Estate Administration
Abom & Kutulakis is a general practice law firm located in downtown Carlisle providing services in the areas of Criminal Defense, Family Law and Estate Administration. We are committed to having a strong presence within our community and encourage our employees to be involved.
Our work environment is friendly, collaborative, and professional. We value staying ahead of the curve with continuing education. The firm encourages work-life balance with a friendly and team oriented office environment. We take pride in producing quality work and providing elite representation to our clients.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to assist with our Estate Administration and family law clients. To be successful in this position, candidates must have experience working in a law firm, be a self-starter, possess strong communication skills, have exceptional attention to detail and be comfortable using and learning new technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with administration of estates and trusts, including preparation of probate petitions and related court filings, collection and valuation of assets
- Administrative support of assigned attorneys including correspondence, filing, faxing, copying, reception, and answering calls
- Maintain schedule and appointments for assigned attorneys
- Assist in the preparation of estate planning and administration documents, client correspondence and pleadings
- Maintain communication with clients and provide information as necessary
- Effectively work with attorneys and support staff
- Communicate with clients
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate is preferred
- 2 or more years administrative experience in a law office
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in Estate Administration
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and comfort using new technology; experience with Lackner estate administration software is a plus
- Strong reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to work well with others
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.