Project Manager - Construction
San Diego, CA
Since 2003, the team at Apex Contracting & Restoration has established ourselves as a reliable company with loyal, repeat customers and our team's fast, high-quality service and our expertise ranges from property renovations, large scale reconstruction, capital improvements, construction defect repairs, and tenant improvements for property owners and builders.
Our working environment is fast-paced and collaborative, and we pride ourselves on supporting our field personnel and giving great service to our customers. We continue to grow year after year because of our leadership, employee development, culture and focus on our customer. We offer very competitive compensation and benefits.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team to oversee all aspects of the building process, working closely with engineers, architects, sub-contractors and general contractors in developing budgets, establishing timetables, and determining labor and costs.
This role is a full time position Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and will be responsible for project planning, distributing resources, managing the budget and managing relationships with key participants.
A successful candidate will need to have high integrity, strong aptitude for the job and a positive attitude, as well as experience in both construction and business development.
- Understand the contractual terms and requirements of projects and uphold Apex’s interest
- Organize and coordinate the project’s schedule with Apex’s in-house labor and subcontractors to maintain the customers’ expectations
- Ensure projects meet cost requirements as well as updating forecasted revenue and costs reports
- Routinely meet with customers and vendors to identify potential issues and problem solve them
- Assure proper accounting for project change orders in a timely manner
- Visit job sites as needed
- Manage projects with a hands-on and team effort approach including meeting strict deadlines
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Associate Degree and/or 2-5+ years Project/Construction Manager experience in the construction industry
- Ability to read and interpret shop and design blueprints and specifications
- Ability to run multiple projects, in varying sizes, at various stages of construction and be able to convey ideas in a clear and concise manner in a variety of situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as project scheduling software programs with a strong aptitude for learning new technology
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Strong organizational and time management skills and able to meet deadlines in a complex environment with shifting priorities
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong mathematical, spatial, and conceptual thinking ability
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Goal oriented, highly motivated self-starter and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work effectively with others
- Must have valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.
Thank you for your interest in the Project Manager position with Apex Contracting & Restoration. Please answer the following questions and be sure to click Submit at the bottom to complete your application.
Your application has been submitted. Thank you for your interest in this position.