San Diego, CA
Since 2003, the team at Apex Contracting & Restoration has established ourselves as a reliable company with loyal, repeat customers and our team's fast, high-quality service and our expertise ranges from property renovations, large scale reconstruction, capital improvements, construction defect repairs, and tenant improvements for property owners and builders.
Our working environment is fast-paced and collaborative, and we pride ourselves on supporting our field personnel and giving great service to our customers. We continue to grow year after year because of our leadership, employee development, culture and focus on our customer. We offer very competitive compensation and benefits.
We are seeking a Reconstruction Estimator to join our team to develop, evaluate, compile, and present scopes of work and cost data for reconstruction, renovations, T.I.s, new construction and capital improvement projects. This position will be responsible for developing scopes of work, estimates and proposals for new and existing projects.
A successful candidate will need to have high integrity, strong aptitude for the job and a positive attitude, as well as experience in both construction and business development.
- Establish pricing and/or bids for projects
- Complete quantity surveys to develop scopes of work
- Visit construction sites to gather information for bidding
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and subcontractors and communicate effectively to receive accurate quotes for materials and equipment
- Identify and understand associated project risk factors
- Communicate with customers and be responsive with estimates
- Trades and/or construction experience; experience in estimating construction projects
- Ability to read, understand and navigate specifications, drawings and materials
- Working knowledge of estimating software, advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and a strong aptitude for adopting new technology
- Knowledge of building codes
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making ability
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines in a complex environment with shifting priorities
- Strong mathematical, spatial and conceptual thinking ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation, negotiation and people skills
- Goal oriented, highly motivated self-starter and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Collaborate effectively with team and solicit help when needed
- Must have valid CA driver’s license
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.