St. Joseph, MI
Berecz & Associates, PLC, with offices in St. Joseph and Grandville, MI, specialize in collaborative methods and additional alternative ways to resolve family disputes. We work with clients to craft creative solutions as clients transition through divorce and adoption, into marriage with premarital agreements, and throughout the lifespan with estate planning and administration.
At Berecz & Associates, PLC, our goal is to assist clients in achieving relationship and financial peace by employing the right process for the need: Litigate when necessary, mediate or collaborate when appropriate. But always focused on solving problems and preserving family relationships.
Our work environment is friendly, collaborative and professional. Our standards are very high for the quality of our work.
Berecz & Associates, PLC, is seeking an Associate Attorney to join our firm. To be successful, candidates will need strong writing and communication skills, enjoy collaborating with a team, be comfortable using the current technology, and be willing to go above and beyond to successfully meet the unique needs of our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all areas of divorce cases such as custody, child support, and enforcement
- Have an interest in developing an estate planning practice within the firm
- Provide professional and creative options for resolving disputes
- Meet regularly and communicate effectively with clients
- Build trust and confidence with clients and prospective clients
- Review and draft high quality legal documents
- Cover hearings and provide courtroom presence, when needed
- Graduate of accredited law school and licensed to practice in Michigan
- Minimum of 3 years of practice experience required, Family Law preferred.
- Experience with litigation is a plus
- Experience or interest to develop an estate planning practice within the firm is preferred
- Good time management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- Conscientiousness and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, organized and proactive when handling tasks
- Mature and well organized
- Skills and comfort using modern software technology to improve efficiency on a Mac platform, such as MS Office for Mac, cloud services, and other applications
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.