Accounting Manager - Automotive Services
Cal-Tenn Financial, based in Nashville, specializes in providing a full range of automotive financial and consulting services to independent dealers and small to medium sized automotive finance companies.
Our work environment is fast-paced, friendly and team-oriented.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team to manage the accounting functions of a multi-entity business. This position will report to the Controller and is responsible for all financial accounting and transaction processing in order to provide accurate and timely financial information.
If you thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and have the desired qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply.
- Maintain and improve processes for reconciling and day-to-day accounting transactions
- Master industry specific automotive software reporting and its application to the accounting platform
- Reconcile daily transaction reports from automotive to accounting software
- Maintain accuracy of high-volume intercompany transactions
- Daily deposit, Bank and credit card reconciliation review
- Prepare multi-state sales tax and personal property tax return filings
- Maintain AP process
- Execute and own the month end close process
- Reconcile fixed assets and payroll liability accounts
- Create and maintain balance sheet reconciliation spreadsheets
- Create/oversee financial statement production
- Ensure integrity of numbers in financial statements
- Review source documents (ex. leases, contracts, policies etc.) and insurance policies
- Verify complete file retention of company Records
- Creation of journal entries (month end and other)
- Tax preparation assistance
- Reconcile Quarterly 941 report to P&L
- Lead 1099 productions and schedules
- Mentor and build positive relationships with co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from four-year college or university is required
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience and intermediate level understanding of managerial and financial accounting principles required
- Intercompany transactions experience is required
- Sales Tax experience is required
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
- Combination of strong analytical and people skills are required.
- Management experience is a plus
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and PowerPoint
- High Proficiency in Excel skills required (e.g. sumIF, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) is required
- Must have Quickbooks or other accounting software experience
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others and enjoy team interaction
- Sense of urgency with the ability to meet monthly financial deadlines in preparation of financial reports and statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pass a pre-employment background screen
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Live in Nashville
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.