CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
San Diego area, CA
TeamLMI is assisting a services company with approximately $20 million in revenue to hire a Chief Financial Officer. The company is an established and fast growing operation located near San Diego, California. If you are interested in being a part of a strong and growing family owned company, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join our executive team to provide financial oversight and analysis, and also contribute to business strategy, execution and the development of leadership within our growing organization. This position will be responsible for supporting rapid growth while attaining key financial and operational performance goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee financial planning, forecasting and cost management, and work with President and CEO to deliver financial results across multiple lines of business.
- Facilitate company success through financial forecast updates, cost analysis support, and real-time interpretation of monthly financial information. Ensure timely and consistent preparation of quarterly and year-end financial statements, bank reporting (including monthly borrowing base and covenant settlement reports), financial analyses and any other ad hoc reports requested by executive management.
- Develop and analyze options, recommend solutions and solves complex issues using effective analytical skills
- Manage preparation and support of all external audits and serve as a key point of contact for external auditors
- Ensure annual financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure cash levels are monitored properly, including preparation of reports.
- Continually assess and evaluate opportunities to provide additional data to sales, operations and the leadership team in decision making processes
- Meet frequently with executive team and management to discuss, review and analyze the financial status of the organization.
- Maintain internal controls in existing processes and related accounting policies and procedures on a daily basis.
- Provide leadership and critical control of all the strategic and day-to-day aspects of finance and accounting, credit and collections
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Help to maintain a strong and positive company culture that values people
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience including CFO, VP finance, controller or similar type position
- Experience in the service industry in California is required
- Knowledge and understanding of labor laws in the state of California is required
- Experience showing consistent career progression into senior leadership role
- Experience with banking services, agreements, borrowing requirements and compliance issues
- Complete understanding of financial analysis, budgeting, cash flow, payroll and HR administration
- Sense of urgency with the ability to meet monthly financial deadlines in preparation of financial reports and statements
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage a team with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) required
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others
- Possess a high degree of creativity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.