Sales Representative - Wood Products
Do you have a background in Wood Products Sales, Interior Design, Flooring or Architecture and would like to sell custom wood products?
For 30 years Cherokee Wood Products has been a leading hardwood and lumber supplier for cabinet manufacturers, moulding installers, contractors and homeowners alike providing customers with the highest quality in both domestic and exotic woods, milling services and customized orders. We are looking for Outside Sales Representatives in Southern California to join our team to identify potential opportunities and follow up on leads to develop sales of custom wood products and hardwood lumber. We have opportunities in Los Angeles, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Orange County or San Diego
We take great pride in being a service oriented family of employees, not just another wood supplying company. Our employees work in a friendly, team-oriented culture founded on Christian values.
Successful candidates should have sales experience in wood products or a background in interior design, architecture and/or flooring, enjoy working with people and demonstrate a strong interest in sales. This position will involve maintaining current relationships while building new relationships through cold calling, following up on leads, researching companies online and through social media.
This sales role involves working in the office and remote as well as travel in a designated territory and will require a disciplined volume of warm and cold calls. Individuals will need to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and possess exceptional communication and organizational skills. We offer competitive compensation based on experience with base salary and commission only or salary only options, health insurance, 401k match and car allowance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct regular phone calls, appointments and site visits with leads, prospects and customers in person and remotely
- Enjoy selling and demonstrate a strong aptitude for sales by maintaining current relationships and building new relationships through cold calling, following up on leads, researching companies online and through social media
- Timely communication with prospective and existing customers and team members
- Stay current with industry trends to identify new opportunities for customer and company growth
- Use product knowledge to showcase our products and complimentary items
- Report weekly sales activity and meet or exceed monthly sales goals set by employee and management
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 or 4 year college degree is a plus; proven background in business development and sales will also be considered
- Sales experience is a preferred but if you have experience in Interior Design, Architecture and/or Flooring and a strong interest in sales will be an asset
- Knowledge in hardwood lumber and wood products is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude will be helpful
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word) and Social Media
- Experience with CRM software is a plus
- Outgoing personality and enjoy working with people and ability to develop long term relationships and positive rapport with customers
- Possess positive customer service attitude in all interactions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Reliable transportation and valid California driver’s license
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.