Retail Sales Associate - Hardwood Lumber
For 30 years Cherokee Wood Products has been a leading hardwood and lumber supplier for cabinet manufacturers, moulding installers, contractors and homeowners alike providing customers with the highest quality in both domestic and exotic woods, milling services and customized orders. Sitting on 5 acres of land in the beautiful city of Upland, Cherokee Wood Products has a retail center and on-site modern mill facility allowing us to produce quality mouldings and millwork for woodworking needs for customers in all states in the U.S.
We take great pride in being a service oriented family of employees, not just another wood supplying company. Our employees work in a friendly, team-oriented culture founded on Christian values.
We are seeking a Retail Sales Associate to join our team to identify and assist with customer orders.. A successful candidate should be prepared to learn about our hardwood lumber products, be organized and proactive and have the communication skills to handle customer questions and process orders. This is an hourly rate paid position with overtime and Saturdays when necessary.
- Assist customers in person and on the phone with hardwood lumber orders and provide great customer service
- Effectively communicate with customers to answer questions about products
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge
- Assist in the warehouse with forklift operation
- Successfully manage customer volume and multitask to complete all responsibilities in a timely fashion
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer service/retail sales required
- Knowledge of hardwood lumber products is a plus
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Be computer literate and comfortable using modern technology such as Google Sheets, Microsoft Office and order entry software
- Forklift experience and/or certification is a plus but not required (training provided if necessary)
- Possess exceptional verbal communication skills and customer service
- Team oriented with a desire to help others
- Must have strong attention to details and follow up
- Ability to understand products in the hardwood lumber industry
- Ability to stay organized and multitask in a fast paced work environment
- Strong, reading, writing and basic mathematical skills
- Proficient/accurate data entry skills
- Flexibility to work Saturdays and overtime when necessary
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.