As your supplier for hardwood, plywood and mouldings, Cherokee Wood stocks a wide assortment of both domestic and exotic woods, from Sugar Pine and Maple to Rosewood and Mahogany. We are dedicated to exceeding our customer expectations by providing the lost art of personal family style service. For over 25 years, Cherokee Wood has been a leading hardwood and lumber supplier for cabinet manufacturers, moulding installers, contractors and homeowners alike. Sitting on 5 acres of land in the beautiful city of Upland, Cherokee Wood Products services all the major counties south of Santa Barbara as well as Phoenix and Las Vegas.
Since 1991, Cherokee Wood Products, Inc. has provided its customers with the highest quality in wood, milling services and customized orders. We take great pride in being a service oriented family of employees, not just another wood supplying company. Our on-site modern mill facility allows us to produce quality mouldings and millwork for your woodworking needs. Although we put out a great product, our focus on quality comes second to our customers. Every day at Cherokee Wood, we make sure you are getting the highest quality in service and products, maintaining a foundation of integrity and loyalty to every customer. Whether you’re looking for hardwood lumber, plywood, mouldings or hardwood flooring, Cherokee Wood Products, Inc is the dedicated and customer-focused company you’ve been hoping to find.
Our employees work in a friendly, team-oriented culture founded on Christian values.
We are seeking a seasoned accounting professional with a positive attitude to direct the financial operations of our team. To be successful in this role, candidates should have strong communication skills, and be well organized. As controller, s/he will manage the accounting functions and directly assists the owners on all financial matters relating to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs and internal control. S/he develops policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related.
- Prepares operating budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various departments; analyzes financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual expenditures and advises management about variances and their potential causes; recommends corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are met
- Directs or prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records
- Formulates, receives and recommends policy proposals relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax matters and compilation of statistics methods and procedures
- Works with the company’s external auditors
- Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank and other asset accounts, and wage accounts
- Prepares or supervises preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Oversees billing
- Assists negotiation and administration of employee benefits including health and life insurance, pension plans and workers’ compensation
- Supervises the drawing of checks. Audits cash and charge expenditures
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, with concentration in business or administration with accounting major or minor and coursework in financial analysis and auditing
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Accounting is required
- Background in manufacturing and/or logistics is preferred
- Complete understanding of budgeting, cash flow, payroll and HR administration
- Sense of urgency with the ability to meet monthly financial deadlines in preparation of financial reports and statements
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of retirement and insurance plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) required
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires the ability to walk up and down stairs, as well as walking around a 5-acre retail and wood milling facility.
- Requires the occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.