Warehouse Worker - Custom Wood Products
For 30 years Cherokee Wood Products has been a leading hardwood and lumber supplier for cabinet manufacturers, moulding installers, contractors and homeowners alike. Cherokee Wood stocks a wide assortment of both domestic and exotic woods. Sitting on 5 acres of land in the beautiful city of Upland, Cherokee Wood Products services all states in the U.S.
Cherokee Wood Products has provided its customers with the highest quality in wood, milling services and customized orders. We take great pride in being a service oriented family of employees, not just another wood supplying company. Our on-site modern mill facility allows us to produce quality mouldings and millwork for your woodworking needs. Every day at Cherokee Wood, we make sure our customers are getting the highest quality in service and products, maintaining a foundation of integrity and loyalty to every customer.
Cherokee Wood Products, Inc is the dedicated and customer-focused company you’ve been hoping to find. Our employees work in a friendly, team-oriented culture founded on Christian values.
We are seeking a Warehouse Worker to join our warehouse team. To be successful in this role, a candidate should be dedicated to working hard and be able to work independently in a busy environment. The custom wood orders can be very heavy from 30 to 80 lbs or more so ability to lift is required. If you are looking for an entry-level position with opportunities to advance into sales and customer service, we invite you to apply.
- Manual packaging and preparing of custom wood orders for UPS pick up
- Use a Miter saw and panel saw for package preparation
- Successfully complete all responsibilities in a timely fashion
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working in a warehouse and with packaging is a plus but not necessary
- Ability to lift heavy packages of 30 to 80 lbs or more
- Be computer literate and comfortable using modern technology such as Google Sheets and Microsoft Office or have ability to learn
- Forklift experience and/or certification is a plus but not required
- Experience working with a Miter saw and/or panel saw is a plus
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess basic reading and math skills
- Ability to work independently
- Team oriented with a desire to support other team members
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand wood products
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.