Property Maintenance Technician
New Cumberland, PA
Founded in 1976, D’Angelo Realty Group, is a full service real estate firm located in New Cumberland PA, with a mission to build lifelong relationships with clients and improve their lives and has a team passionate about core values to deliver Collaborative, Professional, Respected and Personalized services to clients in Central Pennsylvania. Starting as a residential real estate firm, D’Angelo Realty Group has expanded into a full spectrum of real estate services which include purchase, sale, building, leasing and development. D’Angelo’s Property Management Division offers Full Service Property Management Services to the Residential, Commercial, Retail, Industrial & Community Association sectors.
Our work environment is friendly and collaborative. We encourage our team to take care of our residents and actively support fellow team members. We also offer a competitive salary based on experience and a generous benefits package.
We are seeking a Property Maintenance Technician to facilitate service, maintenance, and investment growth for the client owners of managed properties consisting of apartments, single family homes and townhomes throughout Central PA. This role reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for delivering a quality experience for the property owner clients and resident tenant customers by responding to maintenance issues in a timely manner, maintaining a professional image, and exercising care in the work performed at the property.
Enjoy your evenings and weekends off! This position will be Full Time with Monday through Friday day shift hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all maintenance requests in a timely manner and coordinate work on the property with resident tenant
- Document work orders throughout the process (from opening work orders to close out)
- Communicate with vendors and residents as needed to facilitate repairs
- Maintain a clean work area and impact the tenants as little as possible
- Basic repairs to include painting, plumbing, lighting, electrical and minor installation tasks
- Keep timecard and activity log accuracy for billing and be timely with submission of receipts and bills for accounting
- Respond to maintenance requests from property managers and operations team as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training in trades is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a maintenance technician or working in trades
- Strong working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry and general handyman tasks (plumbing, painting, etc) and minor drywall repair
- Capable of following instructions and completing assigned tasks on time
- Must provide own tools and possess ability to use caution in using ladders, working with electrical equipment, power tools, etc.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable transportation
- Conscientious with strong work ethic and high personal standards for quality of work
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others including tenant resident customers, property owner clients, co-workers, employees, vendors, and contractors
- Self-disciplined with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds
- Vision abilities include: distance, close, color, depth, and peripheral and the ability to adjust focus
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Ability to spend time standing, using stairs, ladders and work in tight spaces as required
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.