Regional Operations Manager - Restaurant Group
San Diego, CA
Established in 2018, Grain & Grit Collective is a San Diego, California based hospitality group dedicated to providing Southern California with the most compelling guest experience possible. We are seeking a Regional Operations Manager to join our team in San Diego to provide leadership to unit-level General Managers and work closely with Sam the Cooking Guy. This key role will be responsible for overseeing San Diego area with concepts including Little Italy Food Hall, Carnitas’ Snack Shack, Not Not Tacos, Samburgers, and Graze by Sam.
This is a highly visible role tasked with consistently delivering guest service excellence, operational effectiveness and strong revenue numbers. A successful candidate should have a passion for amazing food and hospitality and have a commitment to creating the most compelling guest experience possible.
Our work environment is friendly, collaborative and fast paced with a focus on creating the most compelling guest experience possible. We provide our employees with fresh challenges and opportunities for career growth in an innovative multi-restaurant environment.
We offer a competitive salary ($80,000 - $100,000 plus bonus) and incentives along with a benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, PTO, retirement savings and dining discount.
GRAIN: CARING & KINDNESS, AUTHENTICITY, ACCOUNTABILITY
GRIT: PASSION, PERSEVERANCE
Learn more at https://www.grainandgritcollective.com/values
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Grain and Grit Collective, LLC
- Provide leadership and development to management in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and employee motivation in achieving goals and objectives
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement, and to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement
- Direct and coordinate operations, service, menu, restaurant environment, cleanliness standards, management development service style/system, food safety and internal marketing initiatives at the units
- Coordinate activities between all departments for smooth and efficient implementation of food and beverage initiatives, service initiatives, operational updates, and training programs
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits
- Direct or coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency
- Conduct P&L performance analysis and troubleshoot areas of interest while assisting in developing appropriate solutions to identified problems and opportunities
- Identify training needs and initiate development of all general managers and management
- Lead the design, implementation, and integration of new and existing training programs, operations manuals, continuing education, assessments, resources, processes, and initiatives that establish a brand wide culture of continuous learning
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members
- Conduct weekly briefing reports for general managers and follow-up on all important items discussed in previous briefings
- Conduct weekly unit management meetings with a standard agenda
- Conduct performance evaluations and recommend promotions or corrective actions where appropriate
- Plan or direct activities such as sales promotions that require coordination with other managers
- Attend weekly meetings with CEO to discuss follow-up on all important items discussed in prior meetings and those that are directly/related to the company objectives
- Facilitate open discussions and communication with team members, and other business or vendor partners to improve organizational efficiencies and practices
- Conduct field visits to all locations as necessary to assist with operational items, continuous improvement, and further develop best practices that drive sales and profit
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in business administration or relevant field; Master’s degree/MBA is a plus
- 5 + years of proven success in a high volume, multi-unit restaurant/hospitality environment with progressive experience in management and leadership roles
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others with ability to coach and develop others, resolve conflict and promote teamwork and performance management
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics, financials and budgets
- Ability to analyze data, diagnose issues and coach the operations team accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks with a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Proficiency using MS Office and various business software applications (e.g. Paylocity, Toast, 7Shifts)
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic and high personal standards for quality of work
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and flexibility to travel between the restaurant locations in San Diego
- Possess San Diego Food Handlers Card. and ServSafe Managers Food Handlers Certification; Proctor certification for both San Diego Food Handlers Card & ServSafe Management Certifications preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing, and repetitive hand and wrist motion; working with and around hot, cold, and hazardous equipment in a fast paced and congested environment that will occasionally be loud, hot, cold and/or physically demanding. Must also have the ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Position could require occasional travel that may consist of driving for a period of one or more days therein requiring one or more overnight stays; notice of travel may be given with very short notice. Position requires occasional training that may take place on or off-site, by phone and/or online.
GRAIN & GRIT COLLECTIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE WILL MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO PERMIT EMPLOYEES TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.