Paralegal - Estate Administration
Since 1914, Johnson Duffie has represented and carefully guided our clients through a variety of practice areas. Johnson Duffie is a full service law firm representing clients in the areas of corporate and business law, real estate and land development, litigation, health care and hospital law, estate planning and administration, municipal and school law, and family law. Combined, our staff of diversified attorneys and legal professionals bring more than 100 years of legal experience.
Johnson Duffie offers candidates sophisticated work opportunities, a great law firm culture with colleagues who care about the firm and the development of employees.
We are seeking a Paralegal with experience in Estate Administration to assist with all aspects of estate administration. To be successful in this position, candidates must have experience working in Estate Administration at a law firm, be a self-starter, possess strong communication skills, have exceptional attention to detail and be comfortable using technology.
- Assist with administration of estates and trusts, including preparation of probate petitions and related court filings, collection and valuation of assets
- Prepare estate planning and administration documents, client correspondence and pleadings
- Maintain communication with clients and provide information as necessary
- Effectively work with attorneys and support staff
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is required
- Paralegal Certificate is preferred
- 3 or more years experience working in Estate Administration in a law office
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and comfort using new technology
- Experience with Lackner estate administration software is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to work well with others
- Excellent typing, spelling and grammatical skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Strong reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Benefit package includes medical insurance, disability plans, life insurance, profit sharing, etc. Excellent salary DOE.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, handicap, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.