Camp Hill, PA
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event planning company. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the Harrisburg, Lancaster and York region. With over 30 years of experience and the ability to plan events for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented and passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food and innovative event design.
At JDK, we pride ourselves on talented and passionate team members. It’s why our customers expect nothing less than an amazing event from us. We set a very high standard for ourselves, and constantly innovate by embracing, not fearing, change. We love providing opportunities for our people to grow and build successful careers at our company. In fact, we promoted 75% of our current team from within the company and we are always looking for people who want to learn and become the best they can be.
JDK offers competitive pay and great benefits, including a 401k with up to a 4% match after 1 year and 1000 hours for our Full Time Employees as well as paid vacation days.
We are seeking an Event Coordinator to join our Event Sales Department and drive growth of the corporate, social and wedding divisions of the company. To be successful in this role, a candidate should be a team player who is organized, proactive, able to multitask in a busy work environment, and have the communication skills to handle any guest questions or concerns.
- Deliver the JDK experience as the primary customer relationship representative to all contacts for weddings and specialty events
- Organize meetings, tastings, phone conferences, and site visits with both prospective and existing clients.
- Follow a customer-centric focus in all event practices that helps the team achieve our mission of exceeding the customer’s expectation.
- Prepare comprehensive catering and event proposals that exceed client expectations.
- Advance in JDK’s training program to obtain Site Manager certification
- Collaborate with our team in all areas of planning and event execution.Advance in JDK’s training program to obtain Site Manager certification
- Maintain contact and payment details for client accounts.
- Coordinate logistical details including rental orders, event details, guest counts, proposal updates, and client follow up.
- Communicate with in-house teams on event changes and execution details./li>
- Understand and follow all procedures and policies
- Attend weddings and special events for day-of coordination to ensure all teams uphold to service standards and overall client satisfaction. These events are scheduled for mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- 1-2 years related experience is preferred
- Experience in the food & beverage, hospitality and/or entertainment industries is a plus
- Enjoy the challenge of leading a talented team using strong people and management skills
- Be upbeat, friendly and professional and generally have a positive attitude
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Must be available to work day and evening hours, as well as weekends
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills and ability to formulate solutions into action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry, especially the catering industry is preferred
- Enjoy planning and attention to details
- Strong organization and effective time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is preferred
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.