(Full Time and Part Time Positions available)
Camp Hill, PA
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event planning company. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the Harrisburg, Lancaster and York region. With over 30 years of experience and the ability to plan events for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented and passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food and innovative event design.
At JDK, we pride ourselves on talented and passionate team members. It’s why our customers expect nothing less than an amazing event from us. We set a very high standard for ourselves, and constantly innovate by embracing, not fearing, change. We love providing opportunities for our people to grow and build successful careers at our company. In fact, we promoted 75% of our current team from within the company and we are always looking for people who want to learn and become the best they can be.
JDK offers competitive pay and great benefits, including a 401k with up to a 4% match after 1 year and 1000 hours for our Part Time and Full Time Event Managers; Full time employees have a benefit of paid vacation days.
We are seeking Event Managers to join our team, both Part time and Full time positions are available. After the sale of an event is complete, our Event Managers take over to ensure that the event plan is executed to perfection.
To be successful in this role, a candidate should be a team player who is organized, proactive, able to multitask in a busy work environment, and have the communication skills to handle any guest questions or concerns.
- Lead your event staff through preparation and realization of full event setup, execution and clean up
- Supervise, delegate, and assist your staff through each phase of event process
- Work from a detailed event proposal, or plan, to accomplish a flawless event
- Act as a point of contact for the client on the day of the event
- Work with our team of Event Coordinators and Event Specialists to make an event a reality
- Review notes to carry out all details, from corporate to private events, galas, and weddings
- Create and enforce your own staff notes and staff assignments to reflect overall event timeline
- Support the Director of Training & Service Standards in training staff on and off of events
- Enjoy the challenge of leading a talented team using strong people and management skills
- Availability to work both day and evening hours, as well as weekends is required
- Communicate effectively with both event guests and team members
- Be upbeat, friendly and professional and generally have a positive attitude
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a reliable form of transportation
- Use independent decision-making and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment
- Be detail-oriented, with strong organization and effective time management skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry, especially the catering industry is preferred
- Previous management or supervisory experience is a plus
- This job requires the ability to lift at least 25 lbs and be physically fit enough to carry out position tasks as required
- Minimum age to apply is 18
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.