Legal Assistant - Litigation
Since 1914, Johnson Duffie has represented and carefully guided our clients through a variety of practice areas. Johnson Duffie is a full service law firm representing clients in the areas of corporate and business law, real estate and land development, litigation, health care and hospital law, estate planning and administration, municipal and school law, and family law. Combined, our staff of diversified attorneys and legal professionals bring more than 100 years of legal experience.
Johnson Duffie offers candidates sophisticated work opportunities, a great law firm culture with colleagues who care about the firm and the development of employees.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Assistant with Litigation experience to provide overall clerical and administrative duties and office support working directly with attorneys. To be successful, candidates will need to be well organized, reliable and have strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic administrative support including correspondence, filing, faxing, copying, reception, and answering calls
- Prepare legal documents
- Maintain all legal files kept on-site along with electronic-filing databases
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation
- Review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents
- Organize client conferences and attorney meetings
- Schedule couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses
- Maintain attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences and travel
- Follow-up on delegated assignments
- Document and input attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s degree or Paralegal Certificate is preferred
- 2-3 years of administrative experience at a law firm is required; general litigation practice is preferred
- Skills and comfort using modern software technology to improve efficiency, such as MS Office, iManage, JURIS and related applications
- Well organized and high attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with high standards for both quality and quantity of work
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and manage varied tasks
- Excellent typing, spelling, grammatical and basic mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Benefit package includes medical insurance, disability plans, life insurance, profit sharing, etc. Excellent salary DOE.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, handicap, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.