Legal Secretary - Litigation
Since 1914, Johnson, Duffie, Stewart & Weidner, PC has represented and carefully guided our clients through a variety of practice areas. These areas have included corporate and business law, creditor's rights, real estate and land development, litigation, health care and hospital law, estate planning, and family law. Combined, our staff of diversified attorneys and legal professionals bring more than 100 years of legal experience.
This firm offers candidates sophisticated work opportunities, a great law firm culture with colleagues who care about the firm and the development of employees.
Johnson, Duffie, Stewart & Weidner, PC is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary with litigation experience to provide overall clerical and administrative duties and office support working directly with attorneys at our office in Wyomissing, PA. To be successful, candidates will need to be well organized, reliable and have strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare documents, including legal briefs, court subpoenas, spreadsheets and other office-related letters
- Maintain all legal files kept on-site along with electronic-filing databases
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation
- Conserve attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information
- Organize client conferences and attorney meetings
- Schedule couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses
- Maintain attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel
- Record and monitor court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements
- Follow-up on delegated assignments
- Document and input attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses
- Prepare invoices and track payments and prepare expense reports
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
- Minimum of 2 years of secretarial experience in litigation at a law firm is required
- Well organized and high attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with high standards for both quality and quantity of work
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and manage varied tasks
- Excellent typing, spelling, grammatical and basic mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Skills and comfort using modern software technology to improve efficiency, such as MS Office and related applications
Benefit package includes medical insurance, disability plans, life insurance, profit sharing, etc. Excellent salary DOE.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, handicap, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.