Settlement Coordinator/Real Estate Paralegal
Since 1914, Johnson, Duffie, Stewart & Weidner, PC has represented and carefully guided our clients through a variety of practice areas. These areas have included corporate and business law, creditor's rights, real estate and land development, litigation, health care and hospital law, estate planning, and family law. Combined, our staff of diversified attorneys and legal professionals bring more than 100 years of legal experience.
This firm offers candidates sophisticated work opportunities, a great law firm culture with colleagues who care about the firm and the development of employees.
Johnson, Duffie, Stewart & Weidner, PC is seeking a full time experienced Settlement Coordinator/Real Estate Paralegal to assist with handling residential/commercial real estate files, including working within our affiliated title agency, Assured Land Transfers. To be successful, candidates will need to be well organized, reliable and be detail oriented.
- Process and conduct real estate transaction files for closing
- Coordinate with buyers, sellers, agents and lenders throughout the transaction
- Obtain and organize all documentation needed to process a real estate closing
- Coordinate disbursement of funds
- Assist in resolving title issues prior to going to settlement
- Track post-closing activities to include finalizing and sending title binders, closing packages and closing documentation
- Prior experience working in a law firm or settlement company required
- Associates Degree or Paralegal Certification strongly preferred
- Previous experience using settlement software preferred
- Possess knowledge of ALTA Best Practice Standards
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Office, Excel, Outlook) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and manage varied tasks in a high-volume firm
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Benefit package includes medical insurance, disability plans, life insurance, profit sharing, etc. Excellent salary DOE.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, handicap, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.