Senior Preconstruction Manager
JEM Group is a construction services firm located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. From the beginning, the driving force of our organization has been to improve the communities where we live and build. On each project that we undertake, our goal is to develop deep relationships with our clients by understanding their project vision and developing a strategy for execution.
Our portfolio of work includes projects of all sizes and levels of complexity – from the simple office fit-out to a complex urban renewal project. Our diversity of experience across the markets we serve and our capabilities ensure that we can meet the needs of all of our clients. We are committed to providing extraordinary service to every client by providing leadership, collaboration and creativity on each project. With executive involvement on each project, we give each project the attention it deserves and ensure that even the smallest details aren’t overlooked.
We offer a generous benefits package including Holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, retirement and supplemental policies.
JEM Group LLC is seeking a Senior Preconstruction Manager to lead the preconstruction department with overall administration and management of pre-construction phases of all JEM projects. Successful candidates will work in a highly collaborative team environment and should be experienced in design-build, preconstruction and estimating and familiar with the Central PA market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the preconstruction process managing multiple projects at one time
- Work with the Director of Operations in evaluating projects and determining profitability
- Prepare conceptual estimates, order of magnitude budgets and detailed scopes of work
- Develop and manage pre-construction schedules which includes maintaining design schedule and communicating manpower needs for future project starts
- Evaluate building systems (foundations, structural, building envelope) and finishes for cost effectiveness and constructability
- Assist with selection of design consultant and design-build subcontractors as necessary
- Provide technical advice to team members and clients on project constructability, logistics, phasing and alternatives
- Provide value engineering analysis during all phases of design
- Present estimates and budgets to our internal team and clients
- Conduct scope review meetings with contractors leading to successful contract agreements
- Assist and participate in competitive bid opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, design professionals, municipalities, subcontractors and vendors
- Align project objectives with company goals, ensuring project team is clear on objectives
- Collaborate with the project management team to successfully transition projects to construction
- Provide weekly updates to the Director of Operations and have regular communication regarding current and future projects
- Help to maintain a strong and positive company culture that values people
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred (equivalent, relevant work experience will be considered for otherwise qualified candidates)
- Minimum 7 years experience in General Construction, Design/Build and Construction Management delivery methods with hands on experience in estimating and project managing is required
- Project experience in commercial office, health care, education, retail and light industrial is required
- Established subcontractor and vendor relationships in the Central PA construction supply market
- Experience with managing and supervising teams
- Knowledge and familiarity with various types of building materials, systems and trends within the industry
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite ( Excel, Word, Outlook) and project management software
- Be a goal oriented, highly motivated self-starter and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Organized, considerate team player with ability to work independently as well as with others
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Possess Valid PA Driver’s License with a clean driving record
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications through this site.