Senior Web Application Developer/Lead - Laravel
Northampton, MA (Work Remote)
Who we are...
Kirschbaum Development Group is a boutique software engineering firm focused on solving interesting and complex business problems for our clients.
We typically work with a small number of clients using a collaborative approach and leading edge technologies. Our customers range from small startups to some of the largest companies in the world in developing products, streamlining processes and creating better channels of communication to their customers. Additionally, we build our own SaaS products and are always working on new tools and products to improve solution delivery.
We are proud to be partnered with Laravel.
What is important to us...
We are a small team of highly skilled people. Aside from will, dedication, and ambition, our biggest asset is our ability to learn and grow. People don’t pay us because we have all the answers. They pay us because we solve problems quickly and effectively. We embrace modern technology as well as tried and true development practices and principles from the past. We bring cautiousness and stability to our work. We are honest, hardworking, and passionate. We value people and relationships over processes and tools. We view ourselves as master crafters who respect and honor the importance and significance of what we do.
We believe that happy people make better decisions, write better code, and make great products. Team members will stay with us longer when they feel valued, feel like what they do matters, and feel like they have a say in the process.
We value personal and professional growth and prefer to work with people who have shown they will be invested in and committed to their own growth as individuals and professionals.
If these things are important to you, we encourage you to read on and consider applying. We would love to talk!
We are seeking a Senior Web Application Developer/Lead to work on a variety of projects ranging from SaaS products and e-commerce sites, to building out API’s and architecting backend tools. Candidate works remotely.
In addition to the details outlined below, a successful candidate will have expert level understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming, will be self motivated, have a love for learning and new technology, and able to lead and mentor others.
The ideal candidate will be a full-stack web application developer (talented on both frontend and backend) who has a knack for problem solving and critical thinking. We are looking for someone with experience architecting solutions and breaking business requirements down into achievable technical tasks. Experience with pair programming, code review, and developing team best practices is also important. Must be able to work Eastern Standard Time hours between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Great benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Company Computer
- Personal Budget for Books/Conferences
- Year-end Bonus
- Full Stack - architectural design and development of web applications
- Use Laravel, Vue.js, and Angular.js to work on a variety of projects such as SaaS products and E-Commerce sites
- Team player with the ability to mentor less experienced team members
- Follow (and help enhance) established practices and procedures
- Interact effectively with clients to determine project needs and develop solutions
- Advanced understanding of HTML, CSS, and JQuery
- 5+ years experience with PHP
- 3+ years experience with Laravel
- 3+ years experience with application design/architecture
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Advanced experience/knowledge of database architecture and design
- History/knowledge of successful development workflows
- History/knowledge of successful team workflows
- Good communication and writing skills
- An eye for detail and a commitment to quality work
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous customer service and client communication experience preferred
- Must be able to work Eastern Standard Time hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.