Accountant - Telecommunications
With a 20-year track record, Merlin Communications is growing rapidly and committed to be a leader in Pennsylvania’s telecommunications sector, with a full-service staff of Industry-trained technicians, electricians, and systems engineers. We make working safety a high priority with OSHA 10 and 30-hour staff, along with our active safety committee all the way to our onsite safety assessments.
We provide a variety of cutting-edge technical services including: Structured Cabling, Air-Blown Fiber/Fiber Optic Solutions, Surveillance Systems, VoIP/Cloud Based Services, Telecommunications Expense, Management/Audits, Industrial Networks, and Data Center Power.
We serve commercial & industrial enterprises, state agencies, small businesses, and more. From structured cabling, outside plant, data center, surveillance, access control, phone systems, paging, sound masking, DAS, and point to point wireless systems to your system design, UPS power protection and engineering needs. We participate in the state COSTARS and PEPPM programs.
Positive Merlin Culture
Our mission statement isn’t just words, we are always striving to improve our company culture. Our employees are our core, and we want them to represent Merlin and the values we show them every day. At Merlin Communications, we believe that, and that’s why we do what we do is more important, because of that our team takes great pride in their work.
We are seeking an Accountant with 2-3 years experience to join our team to oversee the accounting functions and directly assist the owners on all financial matters relating to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs and internal control as well as develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related. This is a newly created role supporting a highly collaborative team.
It is also a great opportunity to plan and build out our accounting department, including selection of a new scalable accounting platform, implementing improved procedures and expanding the accounting department to support our growth. The right candidate will have the opportunity to quickly progress into a Controller position.
We pride ourselves on giving great service to our customers and creating a positive family-oriented work environment for employees. Merlin Communications offers very competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including health insurance and 401(k) retirement plan. If you are looking for a great career opportunity, enjoy challenges and want to play a key role in a growing company, we encourage you to apply.
- Oversee day to day accounting and finance operations
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Collaborate and educate the rest of the team on good financial practices and help with problem solving and planning.
- Prepare operating budgets and financial forecasts and analyze financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual expenditures and advise about variances and their potential causes; recommend corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are met
- Prepare monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles and recommend policy proposals relating to accounting and auditing, budgeting, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax matters and procedures
- Provide timely reporting and budgets in cooperation with executive and management team
- Project cash flow
- Reconcile monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank and other asset accounts, and wage accounts
- Provide insight and strategy for annual tax planning and risk management
- Prepare or supervise preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns
- Assist in negotiation and administration of employee benefits
- Prepare and manage annual audits
- Maintain and update fixed asset records
- Maintain banking relationships
- Work with external accountants and auditors
- Develop rapport in working with vendors and distributors
- Oversee benefits administration
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business is required
- 2-3 years Accounting experience is required
- Experience in construction accounting is a plus
- Prevailing wage and AIA invoicing experience a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures, GAAP is required
- Complete understanding of budgeting, cash flow, payroll and HR administration
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) is required
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software is required
- Sense of urgency with the ability to meet monthly financial deadlines in preparation of financial reports and statements
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and to respond to change in priorities
- Familiarity with benefit, retirement and insurance plans
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.