Morehouse is a successful fourth-generation business focused on force measurement and instrument calibration. Our customers include a broad range of organizations from very large (NASA and NIST) to small laboratories.
We have a strong reputation in our markets for helping organizations lower measurement risk by lowering equipment uncertainties for force and torque. For over 95 years, we have been successful in providing the right calibration services and products for various organizations, including commercial labs, government labs, and anyone in the industry requiring accurate force or torque measurements. Ultimately, we help our customer base make more accurate measurements, which saves costs, reduces risk, and increases quality.
Our working environment is technical, collaborative, and fast-paced with our team of about 25 employees.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Executive to join our team. This position will be primarily responsible for developing new business both domestic and internationally and helping with continued company growth.
A successful candidate should be prepared to learn about our proven product and service offerings, identify customer needs, and offer solutions while developing relationships and making a high volume of outbound calls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make outbound phone calls to current & past customers as well as cold calls to potential new customers (domestic and international)
- Demonstrate an aptitude for sales, be able to ask for the appointment and suggest additional products or services increase customer satisfaction and revenue
- Maintain communication with existing customers, and sales representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and request referrals
- Identify potential commercial contracts and follow up to develop business
- Use product knowledge to showcase the solutions that our company can offer to prospects
- Follow up with customers who have received quotes and turn these opportunities into sales
- Handle international sales requests, including banking, payment terms, and working with existing reps as well as finding new opportunities
- Follow sales process to track progress with new prospects
- Report weekly sales activity and reach specific goals
- Attend training to stay up to date with new products
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customers, international reps, and establish a positive rapport
- Four-year college degree or related is preferred, although a proven background in business development and sales will also be considered
- Strong Mechanical aptitude is important
- Minimum of three years of experience in sales and business development; experience with international sales is a plus
- Enjoy working with people and developing long term relationships
- Possess positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customers
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
- Experience with CRM software (Method CRM preferred)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish a positive rapport with customers
- Strong, reading, writing, and mathematical skills
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.