Camp Hill, PA
Paul Miller Trucking is a thriving asset-based transport company based in Camp Hill, PA offering local, regional and long haul shipment services. We are a second-generation family business with a focus on growth and improvement.
Our working environment is friendly, team-oriented and fast-paced. As we grow, we are always looking for ways to improve both employee skills and customer service. Self-motivated, hard-working employees have opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
We are seeking experienced Driver Managers to join our team coordinating the action in a busy environment. You will manage your own driver group and have complete ownership of success and profitability of all drivers on your board. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and extensive training.
If you enjoy helping drivers succeed, like to solve (delivery) puzzles and you have the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply.
- Daily communication with drivers to include availability to maximize productivity, load confirmation, verification of hours of service and daily work start time, and work assignments and load expectations
- Establish good working relationships with drivers to help them meet or exceed their weekly and daily revenue goals
- Utilize TMW Suite programs to assign and properly dispatch drivers on their planned loads, ensuring driver is fully informed of all pertinent information and has received all load messages/load assignments
- Utilize PeopleNet Fleet Manager (PFM) to monitor trucks in real-time, confirming drivers are on schedule and update loads accordingly track the progress of drivers in completion of assigned loads and other relevant tasks
- Utilize the onboard GPS, reports, map and driver eLogs features on the PFM to make sure drivers are adhering to FMCSA Hours of Service (HOS) regulations
- Work closely with Customer Service and Load Planner to ensure the freight is booked and the position/availability of designated resources are compatible
- Ensure payroll accuracy for all drivers / utilizing the pay package information
- Review settlements and payroll of drivers in the fleet to identify strategies that will help to increase profitability/income
- High School diploma or equivalent is required and a college degree is a plus.
- Experience in the transportation industry and 1+ years of dispatch experience is required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) is required
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with TMW software program and PeopleNet Fleet Manager software is preferred
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Possess leadership skills
- Ability to handle (and even enjoy) a high volume of activity with accuracy and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to hold drivers accountable in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Trustworthiness with good people skills
- Must possess high attention to detail
- Strong organizational, reading, writing, as well as basic mathematical skills
- Team player with the ability to work well with others
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.