Regional Territory Manager
Founded in 1955, Precision Finishing Inc., is a successful third-generation family business and world-class leader in metal finishing products and services for the world’s largest manufacturers, major suppliers, and local businesses. Checker Industries has been a part of the Precision Finishing team since 2008.
We understand that people are the greatest asset to our company and have created a culture built on the principles of respect and honesty. Our office is small, team-oriented, and fast-paced, with a positive and collaborative environment for employees.
We value our people and offer a generous competitive base salary and compensation package which includes commission, health insurance, profit sharing and 401K.
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative - Regional Territory Manager to join our team for the Pittsburgh, PA region, in a key role responsible for sales on existing and new accounts. The ideal candidate will need to be creative, action oriented, hands on and have experience in industrial sales. This is a highly interactive position in a fast paced environment requiring technical knowledge and strong sales skills.
A successful candidate will be expected to have a disciplined selling routine of phone calls, in-office responsibilities, and field visits. In addition, the onboarding process for the successful candidate will provide thorough exposure to learn our business operations, our product offerings, and the expectations for the sales role in our organization.
Our work environment is collaborative with team members in all roles supporting one another to deliver a high level of customer service quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales goals in assigned sales territory and demonstrate effective selling strategies for company products and services in identified sales opportunities
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for sales by maintaining relationships and building new customers and markets through cold calling, promptly following up on leads and setting appointments and in-person meetings
- Develop a strong understanding of our products
- Provide technical support to customers in the use of products and equipment, identification of problems and the proper operation of maintenance and equipment
- Be goal-oriented and able to set and achieve both personal and company sales targets
- Stay current with industry trends to identify new opportunities for customer and company growth
- Be a team player by maintaining good working relationships with all departments
- Prompt follow-up on all account activities to deliver high-quality service and reach sales goals
- Monitor and evaluate products and services of competitors
- Maintain CRM system with current and complete information related to sales activities and customers
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 or 4 year college degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ industrial or related sales experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude will be helpful
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
- Experience with CRM software and database management
- Outgoing personality and enjoy working with people and ability to develop long term relationships and positive rapport with customers
- Possess positive customer service attitude in all interactions
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong, reading, writing, and mathematical skills
- Reliable transportation and valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Flexibility for off site onboarding
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.
Precision Finishing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.