Experienced Plumbers Wanted
This is a great opportunity for experienced plumbers to relocate and live in sunny Southern California and have a rewarding career with a successful company. If you are hardworking, self-motivated, and interested in the opportunities that come from being a part of a strong and growing family-owned company, please considering applying.
We provide excellent pay and benefits with modern trucks and equipment. To help with relocation, we are also providing a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for a 2 year commitment!
Founded in 1974, RotoCo is a growing, local family-owned business and a franchise partner of Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain Service. The business was founded by Jim Holcomb who started the business with a $1,000 loan to buy some equipment to put into his van and operating out of Hemet, CA. His father-in- law gave him the idea and also co-signed on the bank loan. It was called Holcomb’s Root Router and was the simple beginning of one of the largest Roto-Rooter franchises in the US.
Jim still runs the business and his team has expanded it to include a large service area, including San Diego County, Riverside County, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara County, The entire Central Valley from Palmdale and Bakersfield to north of Sacramento, and all Monterey County. These are rapidly growing areas in California and create great opportunities both for our company and our employees. We pride ourselves on leveraging the Roto-Rooter national brand with the benefits to our employees of working for a growing family business.
We are seeking experienced Plumber/Service Technicians to provide all aspects of plumbing services to our customers. Applicants should be comfortable working in a safe and professional environment. High levels of customer service and a timely response to all service calls are a critical part of this position and help ensure our continued success as a company. While we compensate our employees well, our business is 7 days by 24 hours, so applicants must be willing to be on call to respond to customer emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of plumbing services, including: installation, repair, pipe fitting.
- Perform repairs, installations and maintenance of water, gas, and sewer lines and systems.
- Operate hand and power tools associated with the plumbing trade.
- Operate in a safe manner to prevent physical injuries
- Responsible for cost control of jobs that are assigned
- Provide care and orderliness of both van and inventory
- Must work within all guidelines of company safety and work policies
- Accurately complete time cards and paperwork associated with the day’s activities
- Provide superior and responsive customer service
- Monitor, follow up, and documentation of all assigned jobs to ensure customer needs are met
- Communicate and establish rapport with our commercial and residential customers
- Follow standardized procedures and perform restoration work in accordance with IICRC
- Clean and maintain vehicles and equipment to high company standards
- Supply inventory maintained at a level to ensure adequate, on-hand stock. Job documentation
- High School diploma or GED
- Must obtain and possess a valid California driver’s license and have acceptable driving record
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the plumbing field is required
- Ability to meet the physical demands for the job as listed below
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Goal oriented, self-motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Candidates must have both good people skills and technical ability
- Must have a team-player mentality and a positive attitude
- Collaborate effectively with team and solicit help when needed.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable using modern technology to document jobs and related work activity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and write
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance
- The employee is often required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position requires physical labor, including, but not limited to, digging for an extended period of time and pulling septic tank lids
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
We offer qualified plumbers/technician a well-defined career path should they desire to continue moving upward. With the business’ continued expansion comes opportunities. We believe in developing talent from within and several of our Regional Managers today were plumbers only a few years ago. Opportunities abound for the right candidate.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.