Plumbing Sales Representative -
Residential & Commercial
Palm Springs, CA
RotoCo is one of the largest franchise partners of Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain Service--an industry icon with 45 years of success and $35mm in revenue. The company, headquartered in Vista, CA, has rapidly growing service areas in California which create great opportunities both for our company and our employees.
Our working environment is modern, friendly and team oriented, but fast paced. We pride ourselves on being part of the Roto-Rooter national brand while still feeling like a family business.
RotoCo is seeking an experienced Plumbing Sales Representative to join our team for the Palm Springs area. This is a commission position with high income potential for a skilled professional.
This individual will be responsible for developing new residential and commercial plumbing business and servicing existing accounts. The sales representative will need to have a strong background in plumbing and/or HVAC and understand customer needs, discuss available products and offer solutions.
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced environment, have strong organizational skills, and possess exceptional communication skills. If you are interested in being a part of a strong and growing family-owned company with opportunities for career growth, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communication with potential customers via telephone and email for plumbing services
- Demonstrate an aptitude for sales, be able to ask for the appointment and suggest additional products or services to increase customer satisfaction and revenue
- Meet with current and potential clients to evaluate their homes and present options to repair, service or replace their current plumbing systems using effective sales presentations
- Maintain communication with existing customers to ensure customer satisfaction and request referrals
- Identify potential B2B commercial contracts
- Use product knowledge to showcase the solutions that our company can offer to prospects
- Follow up with customers who have received quotes and turn these opportunities into sales
- Report weekly sales goals and objectives to operations
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell products and services
- Use database & CRM to track progress with new prospects
- Attend training to stay up to date with the specifications of new products and service offerings.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customers and establish a positive rapport
- Document each call as per company and departmental policies and procedures
- Develop additional business opportunities by selling Roto-Rooter’s preventative maintenance and priority care programs
- 2 years proven sales experience in plumbing and HVAC is required
- Strong knowledge and experience in plumbing and drain services is required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; degree in Marketing or Business is preferred
- Enjoy working with people and developing long term relationships
- Possess positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customers
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Word)
- Experience with CRM software is required
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Strong creative problem solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish a positive rapport with customers
- Highly motivated and possess drive to exceed sales goals
- Strong reading, writing, and basic mathematical skills
- Ability to pass a background and drug test
- Clean driving record
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.