REGIONAL MANAGER - Plumbing & Drain Services
Founded in 1974, RotoCo is a growing, local family-owned business and a franchise partner of Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Drain Service. The business was founded by Jim Holcomb who started the business with a $1,000 loan to buy some equipment to put into his van and operating out of Hemet, CA. His father-in- law gave him the idea and also co-signed on the bank loan. It was called Holcomb’s Root Router and was the simple beginning of one of the largest Roto-Rooter franchises in the US.
Jim still runs the business and his team has expanded it to include a large service area, including Riverside County, Redlands, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, Santa Barbara County, Central Valley, Sacramento and Modesto. These are rapidly growing areas in California and create great opportunities both for our company and our employees. We pride ourselves on leveraging the Roto-Rooter national brand with the benefits to our employees of working for a family business.
Rotoco is seeking a Regional Manager for the Southern California area of Vista/Temecula to join our executive team to provide financial oversight and analysis, and also contribute to business strategy, execution and the development of leadership within our growing organization. This position will be responsible for supporting rapid growth while attaining key financial and operational performance goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage two to three offices/branches and a team of field and office staff
- Develop a sales strategy and business plan for the market that ensures attainment of company goals for customer service, sales and profitability
- Creates market action plans to promote the company brand and penetrate new markets
- Responsible for the performance and development of both the inside and field sales personnel
- Monitor and documentation of jobs to ensure customer needs are met
- Communicate and establish rapport with branch managers and staff
- Work with leadership team in the execution of company strategy
- Help to maintain a strong and positive company culture that values and develops people
- Cultivate quality and discipline throughout our operations
- Meet with departmental leaders to discuss, review and analyze the status of departmental focus, quality, profitability, client satisfaction, and talent
- Ensure consistency between departments relating to safety, quality, policies/procedures, customer satisfaction, human resources, etc
- Minimum of 5 years previous management experience is required
- Experience in the plumbing field is required
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree preferred but not required; proven background in business development, management and outside sales may be sufficient
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage a team with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong track record in business to business sales and closing of sales
- Strong presentation skills and people skills
- Goal oriented, highly motivated self-starter and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Collaborate effectively with team and able to work well with others
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Must be comfortable using modern technology including Microsoft Office and associated programs
- Must pass background and drug screening process
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.