Accounting Manager - Outsourced Accounting Services
San Diego, CA
TGG Accounting has been providing outsourced accounting and business advisory services to small and midsize business owners from diverse industries since 2006. TGG’s mission is to make business owners’ lives better through excellent financial management. With regional offices in San Diego, Irvine, and Denver, TGG is proud to offer the TGG Way, where every client of TGG is assigned a team of four accounting professionals comprising of a CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager, and Staff Accountant.
Our employees work in a friendly, team-oriented culture with a focus on healthy work/life balance offering flexibility and opportunities for career growth. There are opportunities to work remote or out of the San Diego office. If you live outside of California, we also offer remote working opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for all financial accounting and transaction processing in order to provide Controllers with 100% accurate and complete financial accounting statements. Accounting Managers are positive ambassadors for proper financial accounting standards and play a key role in teaching and mentoring staff (both internal and external) on the TGG Way™ internal controls, systems and processes.
To be successful in this role, candidates should enjoy working with clients, have strong communication skills, be well organized, and be passionate about guiding business owners along the path to achieving optimal financial performance. If you thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and have the desired qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply.
- Collaborate with a team of four experienced financial professionals accounting professionals comprised of a CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager, and Staff Accountant
- Master the TGG Way for processing, reconciling, and transacting day-to-day accounting
- Manage Staff Accountants through teaching, training, and ongoing supervision
- Mentor and build positive relationships with the client, co-workers, and the client’s staff and customers.
- Closely monitor project plans and work with Controllers and Staff to insure quality work, communication and timely financial statement delivery.
- Communicate and teach general accounting concepts to clients and staff
- Bank and credit card reconciliation review
- Prepare sales tax and personal property tax return filings
- Set up and process payroll
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university is preferred (relevant industry and training experience will also be considered)
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience required
- Management experience required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and High Proficiency in Excel skills required (e.g. sumIF, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) is required
- Experience with Quickbooks or other accounting software is a plus
- Ability to work in a consulting type environment with multiple clients and staff teams – ability to start and stop on work multiple times throughout the day
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others and enjoys client interaction
- Sense of urgency with the ability to meet monthly financial deadlines in preparation of financial reports and statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pass a pre-employment background screen
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Open to travel
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.