Controller - Outsourced Accounting Services
REMOTE - work from Anywhere in the U.S.
TGG Accounting has been providing outsourced accounting and business advisory services to small and midsize business owners from diverse industries since 2006. TGG’s mission is to make business owners’ lives better through excellent financial management. With regional offices in San Diego, Irvine, and Denver, TGG is proud to offer the TGG Way, where every client of TGG is assigned a team of four accounting professionals comprising of a CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager, and Staff Accountant.
Our employees work in a friendly, team-oriented culture with a focus on healthy work/life balance offering flexibility and opportunities for career growth.
We are seeking a seasoned accounting professional to join our team as a Controller for our San Diego regional office but this position offers remote working opportunities so you can live anywhere in the U.S. This position is responsible for project management and financial reporting accuracy for accounting operations of clients, which include the production of accurate financial statements with insightful commentary, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
To be successful in this role, candidates should enjoy working with clients, have strong communication skills, be well organized, and be passionate about guiding business owners along the path to achieving optimal financial performance. If you thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and have the desired qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply.
- Collaborate with a team of four experienced financial professionals accounting professionals comprised of a CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager, and Staff Accountant
- Manage a team of professionals (typically accounting manager, staff Associate, staff assistant across several client engagements.)
- Communicate and provide deliverables to the team CFO and client.
- Direct, document, and execute processes and procedures to ensure activity within the accounting system is accurate and maintained timely
- Provide direction to staff accountants and other employees regarding accounting processes, including accounts payable, corporate credit card usage, month-end close, payroll, and cash management
- Review the month-end close process including full balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Ensure overall integrity of financial statements
- Prepare operating budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments; analyze financial information, monitor budgeted versus actual expenditures and advise management about variances and their potential causes; recommend corrective actions to help ensure that budget goals are met
- Direct or prepare the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records
- Formulate, receive and recommend policy proposals relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax matters and compilation of statistics methods and procedures
- Communicate and teach general accounting concepts to clients and staff
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university is preferred (relevant industry and training experience will also be considered)
- Minimum of 7 years accounting experience required
- Strong technical understanding of GAAP accounting standards
- Management and progressive leadership experience required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and Advanced Excel skills required (e.g. sumIF, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) is required
- Experience with Quickbooks or other accounting software is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized, team player who is considerate and able to work well with others and enjoys client interaction
- Complete understanding of budgeting, cash flow, and payroll
- Sense of urgency with the ability to meet monthly financial deadlines in preparation of financial reports and statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong work ethic with high personal standards for quality of work
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pass a pre-employment background screen
- Have reliable Internet and able to work all U.S. time zones as needed.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.